Aushorse Marketing, the marketing arm of Thoroughbred Breeders Australia, has recently launched Racing Connections, an initiative aimed at educating and empowering racing fans and encouraging people into first time racehorse ownership.
Aushorse is seeking a self-motivated Marketing & Communications Officer to maintain and facilitate the growth of Racing Connections. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think-outside-the-box and work both independently and cooperatively within our small team.
Weekend work will be required from time to time.
The Marketing & Communications Officer will undertake a number of key tasks including:
- Marketing of Racing Connections through social media, the Racing Connections website and a monthly e-newsletter
- Identification and implementation of new marketing strategies
- Management of registrations & enquiries for the Stable Mates Program
- Organising Racing Connections events
- Liaison with trainers, syndicators, race clubs and other racing organisations to arrange Stable Mates experiences, as well as marketing and collaborative opportunities
The position will also include assisting the Aushorse team with other tasks.
Things you will definitely need:
- A knowledge of horseracing and/or the thoroughbred breeding industry
- Excellent public relations, communication, writing and planning skills
- A good understanding of social media particularly Twitter and Facebook
- A can-do attitude
Just some of the benefits:
- A Randwick office co-located at the Australian Turf Club
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please submit your curriculum vitae to Tom@tbaus.com by COB 23 June 2017. If you require any further information, please contact Tom Reilly on 0423 146 334.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.