Alabar Australia is a leading standardbred stud farm located near Echuca in the North of Victoria.
We stand some of the world’s leading stallions as well as manage a large broodmare band of both Alabar and client mares.
We are looking for a stud manager to oversee this breeding operation, which includes:
- The management of the breeding program, including breeding, all animal husbandry and some staff management.
- Reporting on breeding operations.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Planning and prioritising work and protocols.
- Liaising with clients.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a high level of horse management experience.
- Have a keen attention to detail.
- Be able to work within and manage a team.
- Good communication and record keeping skills.
- Have experience with Artificial Insemination (Desirable)
- Have experience dealing with stallions (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the standardbred industry (Desirable)
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a stud situation with a sound knowledge of all breeding practices, ideally with experience in Artificial Insemination.
The salary package will be negotiable with the successful applicant dependent on skills and experience.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on June 30th 2017 at 5pm (AEST)
For further information please contact Brett Coffey - email@example.com or 0423 812 652.